Uninstall the EMC2

More
04 Jan 2010 06:37 #1433 by vincent
Uninstall the EMC2 was created by vincent
Uninstall the EMC2 seems to be a headache, but i still want to do so. in the wiki, it follows this steps:

Uninstalling EMC2 from source
If you wish to remove a package, a simple `sudo apt-get remove emc2` will suffice. However, if you've installed emc2 from source with `make install` then there will be files left around everywhere. You can not then install emc2 from a package, as the files will conflict. This is an attempt to document all of them. The following script assumes that you still have the compiled emc2 source tree.

export SRCPATH=<path to your emc build>

#remove the python modules
cd /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/
ls $SRCPATH/lib/python | xargs sudo rm -r

sudo rm -r /usr/local/etc/emc2/ /usr/realtime*/modules/emc2/ /usr/local/share/emc/ /usr/local/share/axis/
sudo rm /etc/init.d/realtime

cd /usr/local/bin/
ls $SRCPATH/bin/ | xargs sudo rm
sudo rm emc emcmkdesktop halrun

cd /usr/local/lib
ls $SRCPATH/lib/ | xargs sudo rm

um, i guess that's everything. You may need to apt-get remove --purge emc2 if you installed it "over" the existing install, otherwise you will get the wrong /etc/init.d/realtime script (or no script!)

One way to avoid this predicament is instead of "make install", to use the "checkinstall" program, which monitors the install process and creates a package for you that can easily be uninstalled.

but i want to know: i install the EMC2 with the LIVECD, so i do not know if i should follow the way of uninstall the package, or the way of uninstall the source???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2010 08:50 #1434 by vincent
Replied by vincent on topic Re:Uninstall the EMC2
yep, i think i have solved this problem. Installing the EMC2 with the liveCD means nothing but a EMC2 package. So when I want to remove this package, just "remove EMC2" makes it done~~and when I want to get this back, just "install EMC2". But I do not know if I could make a patch file to this EMC2?? Something like "patch ./###*****" to patch a file into EMC2??? anybody knows?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds