Getting 'Cannot Unhome While Moving' Errors Withou

More
20 Jun 2012 16:01 #21153 by micges
I've just checked - on abort there is always executed unhome(-2) which unhomes joints that are volatile. And code checking if joint is moving is always executed regardless of volatile setting. so debounce of external enable signal could help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jun 2012 18:01 #21155 by JRhode
The E-Stop is connected, but I can disable that pin to see if it helps (now that I come to think about it, this stepper controller has been known to have some sort of internal clock/pulse signal that sometimes comes across the e-stop; I never had a problem on my old computer, but that's not to say it isn't an issue here). If it works I'll try to adjust the debounce with the input activated.

cncbasher wrote:

just a wild guess , what breakout board do you have ?
and have you a good ground , and no earth loops etc , i know you dont have any limits etc , but thinking of either a bad earth , or a spike hitting the pc
what power supply are you using for the steppers , give me a bit more information on the electronics breakout / stepper drivers / power supply etc

The power supply and stepper drivers are an old (circa-80s/90s) proprietary board that came with the machine (Light Machines Corp LMC0200). It was originally set to run with proprietary software through a proprietary pci card; I have it running with LinuxCNC through a parallel port using a custom adapter cable to get the correct signals to the correct pins. Kind of thrown together, but it's worked using another computer for quite some time now.

I will try to run memtest86 tonight as well.

Thanks for the all the help so far guys.

More
21 Jun 2012 02:34 #21161 by JRhode
Alright, so it appears the unstable e-stop signal is causing my problems. While running a series of jogs in a loop, I had the controller stop early 4 times out of 4 with the e-stop pin enabled, and not at all with the e-stop disabled.

It sounds like the quick solution to this is to enable debounce filtering on the input signal. I consider it absolutely necessary to have the E-stop enabled; until I get a chance to try and figure out how to rewire the machine, the E-stop will only stop the spindle (not the axes moving) by itself.

I've tried to piece together the correct code to enter into my custom.hal. Please let me know if there is an error somewhere within this:
# Load debounce
loadrt debounce cfg=1

# Add debounce to thread
add debounce.0 base-thread

#Unlink e-stop pin
delsig estop-ext

#Assign input and output to debounce
net estop-incoming parport.0.pin-10-in => debounce.0.0.in
net estop-filtered debounce.0.0.out => iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in

# Activate the debounce
sept debounce.0.delay 25 

Oh, and just as a point of thoroughness, the memtest86 showed zero errors while it was running.

Thanks for all your help on this so far guys, you've kept me from pulling out my remaining hair.

More
21 Jun 2012 09:08 - 21 Jun 2012 09:09 #21167 by andypugh
JRhode wrote:
#Unlink e-stop pin
delsig estop-ext
You need that if you are putting the new stuff in the custom.hal, otherwise not. Doing it in the custom hal makes sense if you expect to be using stepconf again.
# Activate the debounce
sept debounce.0.delay 25 
I guess this is a typo here, and not in the actual HAL?
Last edit: 21 Jun 2012 09:09 by andypugh.

More
21 Jun 2012 14:04 #21177 by JRhode

andypugh wrote:

# Activate the debounce
sept debounce.0.delay 25 
I guess this is a typo here, and not in the actual HAL?

Ah yes, should be setp... Haven't put it in the HAL yet, glad to catch it here.

More
26 Jan 2014 06:01 #43170 by rmagnus
Hello everyone

I have a probotix comet CNC router that was working perfect but today it started showing the "cannot unhome while moving, joint" error when trying to jog any axis.

I noticed several things:

1.- After showing the error message with a red cross on on it linuxcnc turns the power off and dimms gray the manual controls so you have to click the orange power button to be able to do anything.
2.- This problem shows before and after homing. In fact it is difficult to home the system as most of the times it cannot end the homing procedure
3.- It happens when trying to jog any axis: x,y,z, or a
4.- If I turn my stepper motor control box off and "simulate" a jog, it works perfectly,the dro shows motion, so it seems to be related to an electrical issue
5.- I notticed that if I turn the spindle or the flood relay and consume power by turning on the spindle for example, the power goes off and the manual controls are greyed, but I get no error messages, so I just click the power button again and I can try another action.
6.- I checked my parallel port connection and it is well screwed to the computer
7.- The problem is random, it can happen right after starting a jog, or after some seconds.
8.- All the axis show the same problem.

I believe this is an electrical issue but I have no idea of the type of causes that can trigger this error. Does LinuxCNC have any feedback from the Comet machine besides the limit and e-stop switches?

It looks like if I try to use any electrical power on the machine it triggers the error

My comet has stepper motors and no encoders of any kind., here is the link

www.probotix.com/FireBall_Comet_cnc_router/

I attached my .hal and my .ini files, but I have not modified anything, it was working perfect.

THANK YOU for your help

Regards

Rod
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds