configuration of TB6560 controller & variants

More
29 Aug 2012 08:20 - 15 Feb 2013 17:34 #23737 by cncbasher
as people are having problems with these chinese TB6560 Variants of controllers , i have posted to the Wiki a first run of some preset hal configuration files , and perhaps these once finalised can be added to the configuration menu
this is a base configuration and does not include limits , and has the spindle relay configured and the EN signal only .

anyone find any problems let me know and i'll try and compile a list of variants , it would be handy to have the pcb colour and any pcb version numbers , as even the documentation of these boards leave a lot to be desired
and in fact can be totaly wrong .

hopefully we can document these in a more detailed way for future users

Files are now in the Wiki under TB6560
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?TB6560

all comments leave in this thread and i'll keep the wiki updated with current information
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Feb 2013 17:34 by cncbasher. Reason: updated files
The following user(s) said Thank You: iceman28, alepo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2012 10:09 #23746 by BigJohnT
Let me know when your happy with it and I can add it to the configs and it would appear at the next bug fix.

John

More
01 Sep 2012 13:22 #23827 by dab77
thanks for this files, but i couldn't find indications on settings numbers for step-timings (DIRSETUP, DIRHOLD, STEPLEN and STEPSPACE) are they needed in this config? or did i missed?

thanks.

More
01 Sep 2012 13:31 #23828 by cncbasher
step times of 5000 ns & direction times of 20000 ns should be a happy starting point with these drives

More
02 Sep 2012 22:25 #23847 by garylogan
Hi, I have the blue tb6560 3 axis and just wanted to add my settings because it took me a week of all nighters to get it running good. Maybe it can help someone else out:

Step time : 50000 ns
Step space: 1000
Dir Hold : 1000
Dir Setup : 50000
75% current
25% decay
1/2 step mode
max acc 15in ^2
max vel 1 in/sec

The max velocity was negotiable, my particular setup would not be repeatable (lose steps) in one axis if I go over .4 in/sec but just for testing would run up to about 1.5 in/sec. (One of my axis just goes smoother than the other)
This is a lathe only using 2 axis.
have a nice day!
The following user(s) said Thank You: pfefferhaxen, pkasy

More
03 Sep 2012 07:09 #23855 by dab77
50000? isn't it too much?
I have the blu 4ch board, and altough it goes well enough, i haven't found yet the right timings, since i found i could change timings into a huge range without seeing any difference..
then, why don't you set current to max? in theory you could loose less steps.

time ago i found this discussion www.cnczone.com/forums/general_electroni...ixed_my_chinese.html
on cnczone, which talks about some tweekin one can do on this board to improve it. i haven't tried it yet, but would like to in the next future.
maybe some one will find it interesting.

Davide.

More
03 Sep 2012 11:02 #23857 by dab77
dab77 wrote:

then, why don't you set current to max? in theory you could loose less steps.

time ago i found this discussion www.cnczone.com/forums/general_electroni...ixed_my_chinese.html

In fact, reading again that discussion, they found that the power safe function it is bad implemented, so that at 100% current it loose more steps than 50% setting. It's also explained how to solve this.

More
03 Sep 2012 17:44 #23861 by garylogan
hello, yes I did read almost that entire thread last summer when I was getting it going. Sorry I forgot to mention that I did cut a trace to one of the capacitors (1 per axis) and flipped the jumper on 2 of the opto-isolators (shorting them, because the board isn't designed right?). I was really only following the info in the thread, and fumbling my way through over the course of many days and hours of trial & error. It was a nightmare because you just don't know if it will ever work. When you are doing stuff that way, it's tough to know what the key move was. For me, I suspect it was shorting the correct optos and having these settings how I listed.
Before that, the 300oz/in. motors wouldn't do anything but hum. Then even when I got them moving, they would go and reverse direction (very little torque) after awhile or if you pushed against the carriage. Also they would only move at about 20 in/min, no slower or faster. I tried every step/dir # under the sun and when I stumbled across these settings it worked like magic. I also put in 50000 for max jitter, even though it was about12000 for this computer.
Another puzzling thing is that my board hates StepConf. I switched computers last week and just couldn't get the motors to do squat with my settings in stepconf. But when I just ran AXIS, the machine worked. This was happening to some degree last summer too. Could be my error.
Sorry I'm not an EE at all and my bad memory makes it worse. Just thought I could help someone by listing my empirical findings.
have a nice day!:)

More
22 Feb 2013 00:28 #30416 by pfefferhaxen

Hi, I have the blue tb6560 3 axis and just wanted to add my settings because it took me a week of all nighters to get it running good. Maybe it can help someone else out:

Step time : 50000 ns
Step space: 1000
Dir Hold : 1000
Dir Setup : 50000
75% current
25% decay
1/2 step mode
max acc 15in ^2
max vel 1 in/sec

This is perfect! B)

I use the blue TB6560 3axis controller, too. With this values my machine is working very exactly at the first time. :) :)

Maybe someone of the LinuxCNC-developers can add this TB6560-configuration-values as a new machine profile in the next LinuxCNC-update.

Thanks.

More
04 Jul 2013 22:27 #36307 by IvarV
Hi!
I recently bought the TB6560 driver aswell, but i can't seem to get it to work with the settings provided.
LinuxCNC crashes on startup if i use these settings. If needed i can propably provide the crash code(s) but is there a simple explanation why it won't work?
Everything works fine on MACH3 demo

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds