Second GUI on Windows, how to do ?

More
18 Feb 2011 07:48 #7300 by kreshnik
Hi everybody,

I tryed succesfully to run two GUIs ont 2 Ubuntu systems thanks to this doc : www.wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/EMC2/remote_notes.html

But now I new to use a GUI on Windows. Do someone knows if a GUI exists on Windows ?

If no, do someone has documentation on how to use NML in order to create this remote GUI on windows ?

Thanks in advance,

Kreshnik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2011 09:49 #7305 by andypugh
Would VNC do what you want?

More
18 Feb 2011 10:59 #7306 by kreshnik
Hi,

Thanks but VNC is not what I'm searching.

I would explain you my project.

I'll use ubuntu with emc2 as a cnc controller close to the machine with a standard GUI (axis,mini...)

I need to have another remote PC under Windows which can drive the cnc. I want to create a Windows software to communicate with the emc cnc via NML but I have no idea how to use NML in that case !

May anyone help me ?

Thanks,

Kreshnik

More
09 Mar 2011 10:32 #7664 by kreshnik
I searched on the web I founded that I have to use NML to communicate with emc2 on linux side.

Do someone have an example on windows ?

More
09 Mar 2011 11:53 #7666 by andypugh
Have you found emcrsh?
That appears to allow you to control emc via a serial link,
wiki.linuxcnc.org/emcinfo.pl?Emcrsh

More
09 Mar 2011 12:02 #7667 by kreshnik
Hi,

Thanks for your response. This is for use with telnet. I tryed and it works. The problem is that is slower.

I need to une NML for faster integration.

More
09 Mar 2011 12:43 #7668 by andypugh
kreshnik wrote:

I need to une NML for faster integration.

I am afraid I can be no help at all with NML. You _could_ try the emc mailing list for a wider audience.

Why do you need to remote control EMC from a Windows machine? I have a feeling that you have settled on one solution to a problem, but might have missed a number of different ways to achieve the same thing.

Why does the Windows machine have to be Windows?

Why is VNC (or a remote X-server) not a solution? I often run my EMC2 machine in the garage with the actual Axis GUI on my Mac indoors , via a remote X-session. In theory I can run the machine with the AXIS gui displayed on my iPhone, from anywhere in the world. But that would be silly.

More
09 Mar 2011 12:51 #7669 by kreshnik
Hi,

I have no problem with a particular machine. I am working on a research project (smart machining).
The goal of my work is to use emc2 real time on linux and the GUI on another PC (Windows / Linux / MAC ...)

For the moment I have to try to make a little soft on windows.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds