NEWS
2.6 Live+Install image
There are no translations available.

Announcing a new Live+Install DVD image for installing LinuxCNC 2.6 on Debian Wheezy. Instructions here.

LinuxCNC 2.6.2 Released

Bug fix see the change log.

LinuxCNC 2.6.1 Released

Bug fix see the change log.

Home Forum Configuring LinuxCNC HAL Components Can I use a C shell script for my PLC stuff?

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Can I use a C shell script for my PLC stuff?

Re:Can I use a C shell script for my PLC stuff? 01 Мар 2012 16:32 #18249

• BigJohnT
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 239
My CHNC is configured to home the X axis toward the operator (me) ie. away from the spindle or if your standing at the imaginary tail stock end the left side or positive X side.

Under the far cover next to the turret is the encoder if you have not found it. Just loosen the screw that holds the magnet arm and move CW or CCW as needed to get the turret to stop in the correct place.

John
Last Edit: 01 Мар 2012 16:33 by BigJohnT.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Can I use a C shell script for my PLC stuff? 02 Мар 2012 06:32 #18259

• JR1050
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I have the HNC set to home to the same place,90% of the time it does,The other 10% it homes to the neg side.Ill look into it.

I messed around trying to get the turret to land on the exact spot every time,It would land about 50% of the time.There seems to be some lash in the worm that drives the encoder shaft.

It turned out to be much simpler to put the magnet right on top of the hall switch.It then over shoots the commanded tool,everytime .From there i wrote some code to subtract 1 from the commanded tool if the tool was not 1 or add 7 if the commanded tool was one.I put a 5/8 second delay for locking the turret down using the timedelay component.I also wrote some code to update the tool on start up,so EMC knows what tool is up with out a tool change and some error code to tell the operator if the turret isnt seated or if the wrong tool is up.Im very happy with the way the turret index's as of now.It is fast and in the 50 or so tool changes its doe,it hasnt missed one yet.

I am probably looking at the EMC from a different point of view then most .Ive been a toolmaker for 25 years and own a shop full of older,mostly American iron.Ive been gettn killed having old electronics repaired,not to mention the old contols,well,suck...being able to breath life into old machines is awesome.

The machines,however have to be safe.They need to have error messges,so the opperator can keep the machine running with out having to open a hal file or edit a comp file.
Again,thanks to everyone who helped me out so far.Ill get some pics/video up soon for any one who is interested.

Short video 10 Мар 2012 17:19 #18520

• JR1050
  • Gold Boarder
For those interested.The video was done with my phone(which has 600 million times the computing power of the GE1050 on my mill...),so it is what it is.Still working on the machine,needs m codes and the spindle drive tuned better....

sorry about my noisy compressor,It gonna live outside in the next couple weeks

Turret question for Big John 19 Мар 2012 07:09 #18650

• JR1050
  • Gold Boarder
Big John,

You seem to have fought the chnc turret woes,so,maybe you can shed some light on a new gremlin.I had my HNC turret indexing reliably until the other day.It has developed a constant air leak on the stop cushon plug on the right side of the x axis.Strangely enough it will index to any tool except 2,it stops on 6 or 8 when t2 is called,if called from t1 or t8 ,it will index to t2.One out of six times it will land on tool 2 from any commanded tool.I beleive my logic is sound,as I can track what is happening thru halshow and it lands on every other tool every time.I beleive this is a machine side problem.
The machine is 35 years old and I suspect that every seal in it is probably shot.On your chnc,does air leak from the stop cushon constantly?Do you have any insight into what might need attention or should I go the shotgun approach and clean/replace all seals orings ect in all of the valves?Thanks for your insight.

Re:Turret question for Big John 19 Мар 2012 07:19 #18651

• cncbasher
  • Thank you received: 95
check the bearings and thrust washers , the turret tilts due to the weight of tools and the bearings and thrustwashers wear
and of course the seals , i found a big improvement once i'd looked at the bearings , it seats and turns everytime now .

Re:Can I use a C shell script for my PLC stuff? 19 Мар 2012 07:25 #18652

• JR1050
  • Gold Boarder
mine seats and turns everytime,it just wont land on tool 2 consistently and it leaks.I removed all the tool from the turret thinking it might have been unbalanced(i had an Ikegai that would not tolerate the turret unbalanaced).What seals gave you issues?
Time to create page: 0.762 seconds