Robot

More
18 Dec 2011 08:13 #15795 by roboyoungster
Robot was created by roboyoungster
Hi, is it possible to use the EMC on a KUKA KRC 125 robot for MIG welding and plasma cutting?

www.kuka-robotics.com/en/solutions/solut...cle_transmission.htm

David
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2011 09:28 #15797 by cncbasher
Replied by cncbasher on topic Re:Robot
yes you should be able to , but not a trivial and certianly not straight out the box conversion , their will be a fair amount of configuration required , and a steep learning curve
look at the Puma config files and take time to understand the principles , and learn Kinematics , a lot of setting up requires measurments of Arms and arc's and positional information
if you have the manuals they should help , actualy converting the Hardware will be the easy task , using Mesa IO cards and adapters , as you'll easy need all 9 axis in the end
and probaly more than one servo card , you need to know information on the positional encoders fitted and the servo drives and switches for limits of each Joint etc

but take your time , and it should work out fine , as all things do your homework first before ripping anything out

More
18 Dec 2011 10:00 #15798 by roboyoungster
Replied by roboyoungster on topic Re:Robot
Can I use also the same control/hardware?
Attachments:

More
18 Dec 2011 17:48 #15813 by cncbasher
i 'm not familiar with that particular model , but i would doubt you would be abe to use the origional control panel
although the motor drives and switches would be used ,

the panel shown will be very specific to it's use so the chances are low , it could be done but theirs a lot of work involved , fine if your into electronics
but a nightmare probably if your not .

is this a working machine .... ?? , what reason for changing to EMC ? ,

More
18 Dec 2011 18:48 #15816 by roboyoungster
Replied by roboyoungster on topic Re:Robot
That`s what I had aslo in mind to use only the motor drivers and switches.
The machine is working.
The reason is the simplicity of the EMC and because the original control is based on windows 95 with a implementation of XLM codes. Programming is not my strength on that base!

David

More
18 Dec 2011 19:40 #15818 by cncbasher
should be fine , but dont underestimate the work involved . if you have the manuals it should be painless to convert
programming may be another matter , you may perhaps need some components for welding capability etc later on

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds