Another tab for WebCam

More
24 Jul 2013 15:17 #36968 by eslavko
Replied by eslavko on topic Another tab for WebCam

But today is probably easier to make PyVcp tab inside axis and put cam in that pyvcp panel. This should be easyer.

I mean GladeVcp.... I getting old :ohmy:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jul 2013 21:33 - 24 Jul 2013 22:00 #36986 by abhishek276
Replied by abhishek276 on topic Another tab for WebCam
hey guys thanks for the help.. couldn't try what so said today as lab closed... :(
tried to do that in laptop again but psha server seems down.. you mentioned that-

If for some reason you cannot get the DRO displayed in the screen, you can always add a pyVCP panel with 3 float number widgets connected
to halui.axis.n.pos-relative, so the readings are visible when the camera is on.

As I'm new learner of this LinuxCNC can you explain some steps or so for it. I'll be really grateful if you do so.

Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 24 Jul 2013 22:00 by abhishek276.

More
25 Jul 2013 06:26 #37012 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Another tab for WebCam
Psha's web cam WILL work with 10.04.

I have it on my laptop.
Does anyone know how to pull the binaries as a deb package off my laptop?

Chris M

More
25 Jul 2013 14:36 #37017 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Another tab for WebCam
Hi Chris

Assuming you installed from .debs originally, they should be in /var/cache/apt/archives

Synaptic does not seem to retain them all like it used to, but anything 'special' is normally there

regards

More
26 Jul 2013 11:21 #37054 by cmorley
hmm don't see it there. Bummer
maybe it wasn't debs.- long time ago

Chris M

More
26 Jul 2013 14:50 #37057 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Another tab for WebCam
It appears that they are periodically purged, but I haven't identified the process yet

I checked my NAS mirror of this partition and there are 430 deb packages in /var/cache/apt/archives
That is a cumulative total over various backups, my actual /var/cache/apt/archives dir only holds the last 12 debs I installed

Unfortunately none of them are the camview-emc packages and pashas server is still down, so I can't assist with that

regards

More
27 Jul 2013 05:44 #37079 by cmorley
Psha's web site is up again.

Chris M

More
17 Nov 2013 12:47 - 18 Nov 2013 04:01 #40886 by Gene79
Replied by Gene79 on topic Another tab for WebCam
Hi all, I'm back to hammering on this camview-emc again. Yesterdays update og 2.5.3, axis display, D525MW board.

I have two different builds of halio.so, but neither works. I have moved the <unit="emc-halio" stanza to several different locations starting with last in the camviewcfg file, all without seeing a tab button for it in linuxcnc, nor an error message on the console linuxcnc is being run from. Except for one when the quit selection is clicked.

If I run camview -c camviewcfg, then of course it doesn't work because linuxcnc isn't running, but it does report that it could not instantiate emc-halio.

But linuxcnc flat ignores it, even an strace shows it never tries to access halio.so, nor is it present in an "lsof |grep camunits" list.

Turning up the DEBUG in linuxcnc also doesn't show any attempted access to halio.so.

I tried to use the camview-emc-float.py instead of camview-emc, but it draws menu's about 3x the size of the /usr/bin/camview-emc version, and is completely unusable because there is no scroll bar to allow the menu to be scrolled back to the top where the menu on/off arrow is.

Does anyone have a procedure to make this noisy enough that I can find where the halio.so stuff is being ignored?

Thanks all.

Next day, mostly fixed!
Update, I found the answer. The Makefile for halio.so contained a clue in the name of one of its env vars, EMC_HOME, so I did an export after setting it to EMC2_HOME=/usr/include/linuxcnc.

This was in the latest emc-camunits-08e1dc7233e8c7936cd760212305a28f7fad53e3 tree unpacked from the tar.gz of the same name, available from psha's site.

After the export, make clean;make;sudo make install, which overwrote the previous version built from an earlier camunits-emc tarball.

I now have a dro on the camera display. So progress. :)

Cheers, Gene
Last edit: 18 Nov 2013 04:01 by Gene79. Reason: 75% fixed!

More
16 Jun 2014 04:00 #47993 by mmt
Replied by mmt on topic Another tab for WebCam
I know this has been covered but I can't seem to find a real cut and dry answer with all the info.

I am running 2.5.4 with camview-emc and all the plugins.

I have no DRO's in the corner. What exactly is the code needed to turn this on?

thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: 732davel

More
02 Sep 2014 23:39 #50640 by eslavko
Replied by eslavko on topic Another tab for WebCam
Hello..

After long time I change the computer in my CNC.
Now I had trouble to get webcam back.
It works in cheese, but in camview input device when selected I got

Usb camera (046d:08da) (v4l2)
640x480 UNRECOGNISED

The old computer had ubuntu hardy and emc2 2.5pre on new one I have Ubuntu lucid and linuxcnc 2.6.2. All other things seems to run perfectly...

Any idea?

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds