NEWS
2.6 Live+Install image

Announcing a new Live+Install DVD image for installing LinuxCNC 2.6 on Debian Wheezy. Instructions here.

LinuxCNC 2.6.3 is released

Several bugs fixed, see the change log.

LinuxCNC 2.6.2 Released

Bug fix see the change log.

Home Forum Hardware & Machines CNC Machines H-Squared / Meistergram PC912/S hookup? any idea?

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: H-Squared / Meistergram PC912/S hookup? any idea?

H-Squared / Meistergram PC912/S hookup? any idea? 22 Jul 2009 20:45 #612

• ratgod
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi There,
I am very new to linux CNC and would like to get my CNC machine to work.

I currently have a demo version of Engrave98 running for it, but I would like to have it working in Linux so I can have more control of it as the Engrave98 software is very limited.

I am currently trying it out by live booting a disc burnt with this image: ubuntu-8.04-desktop-emc2-aj13-i386.iso (hope that helps with version info)

The controller box has a Serial connection to the PC, it has inside an 8086 processor with an 8087 co-processor. on the back it says H-Squared PC912/S

The table itself is 3 axis and has "PC912/S" written on the front

unfortunatly I cannot find much information about this setup other than what I have given above,

if its any help, the control box has 18x TIP102 Darlingtons.

Does anyone know what driver I should be using from the list that comes with emc or could anyone help me to write one?

many thanks

Peter M
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:H-Squared / Meistergram PC912/S hookup? any ide 23 Jul 2009 05:34 #615

• BigJohnT
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 254
I'm pretty sure you will not get your current hardware to work with EMC. EMC controls the drivers in real time and can not do that over a serial link AFAIK. If your machine has steppers you would have to get some drivers that take step and direction inputs and connect them to a PC with EMC. If it is servos that is a bit more complicated.

John
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.600 seconds