Z Axis still moving while next XY Gcode issued?

More
22 Sep 2014 04:16 #51413 by gigglerg2
Hi,

My X and Y have the same step configuration but my Z axis does not.

When cutting, sometimes it appears that the Z axis is still moving up (say to clearance) when the next G code to move X and/or Y is issued. I think there was some error box displayed while running my gcode.

Why would my Z still be moving when it has not finished the command and it is starting to process the next command. The result is my wood work has wrong cuts as Z is still moving.

Any help would be greatful,

Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2014 14:02 #51420 by Rick G
You might want to post a copy of the g code and double check if there is an error code and what that error code is.

Rick G

More
22 Sep 2014 15:45 #51424 by cncbasher
it sounds more of a miss configured axis , usually for example the velocity is too high , or trying to run the axis at too high a speed
that it's not capable of holding

post the error , they are their for a reason
it's quite normal to run the z axis at a lower rate then the others as it's having to move against gravity and hold position
perhaps post your hal and ini files as an attachment so we can rule them out also

More
22 Sep 2014 23:27 #51436 by BigJohnT
My SWAG is this is a G0 move and you have not set the trajectory planner and are using the default G64 (go as fast as possible while touching at least one point on the path) and you have very slow acceleration on the Z axis.

www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html/common/User_Concepts.html

JT

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds