following error and velocity

More
25 Apr 2014 10:47 #46300 by JR1050
Replied by JR1050 on topic following error and velocity
Resolver scale is .0787(2mm). My machine documentation lists the sine and cosine wiring by color, but doesnt state which of the rotor wires is pos and neg. One is red/white, one is yellow/ white. Ive swapped them back and forth and the result is the same, or so it appears. Ill.check the sine / cosine tomorrow( its late in fl). The shape of the noise stays the same with in creased speed. These shots were .100 inch jogs at 25 ipm. A longer jog at a speed, seems to just get more of the same wave form. Thanks as always.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2014 01:20 #46324 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic following error and velocity
Swapping the rotor wires will not change anything except the index position (it should change 1 MM)

25 IPM is 5.291 turns per second on your resolver and the "noise"
is about 20 Hz which is pretty much what you would expect if the 7I49
inputs were overloaded (errors at 4 sine/cosine peaks per turn x ~5 turns /second = ~20 Hz)

So it looks more and more like too much input signal

Did you measure the sine/cosine voltages across the pins and at their peak values (which requires turning the shaft)?

More
17 May 2014 05:49 #47007 by JR1050
Replied by JR1050 on topic following error and velocity
Changing the resolvers to channels 3,4,5 got rid of the "noise" and the bump-bump at low speed. Could there be a change made to the 7i49 to reduce the input voltage for all the channels, in my case I only had 3 axis with resolvers, but it would be easy to have 4? Thanks again for your help.

JR

More
17 May 2014 06:06 #47008 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic following error and velocity
Theres a 7I49 HV version for high output resolvers (is has lower input gain)

This would allow all 6 channels to work with the resolver type you have

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds