gscreen + remap M6 issue

More
29 Jul 2013 01:18 #37179 by f1oat
I am trying to use gscreen with sim/remap/manual-toolchange-with-tool-length-switch

When running a G-Code file, the tool change and length measurement is called by remap and is running ok.
But, there is a bug in the G-Code file displayed in Gremlin and in Gscreen.

At the beginning of tool change, there is a switch from my gcode file "GCODE_with_tooltable.ngc" to "manual_change.ngc" => OK
After tool length measurement is done, display comes back to "GCODE_with_tooltable.ngc" => too early, gcode subroutine not finished
After few seconds, it switches again to "manual_change.ngc".
Then I see in Gremlin that my tool is running the good path, meaning the interpreter is running "GCODE_with_tooltable.ngc" , but the displayed gcode file remains "manual_change.ngc"

My config in attached. To be unarchived in sim/ directory for execution.
Any clue ?
Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2013 03:22 #37184 by f1oat
Replied by f1oat on topic gscreen + remap M6 issue
One clue : the issue seems not linked to remap, but to NGC subroutine execution.

In my gcode file, if I replace 'T4 M6" by a direct call "O<manual_change> call", the problem is still here.
The filename displayed on gscreen is coherent with self.data.file variable. This variable is updated by emcstatus.

=> Looks like the problem is not really located in gscreen, but somewhere else in linuxcnc when handling G-Code subroutines.
I run 2.6.0-pre0-4621

More
29 Jul 2013 03:40 #37186 by f1oat
In "LinuxCNC Status" window I can see that "file" variable is not updated properly.
So, this issue is really not linked to gscreen, the bug is elsewhere.

More
29 Jul 2013 03:45 - 29 Jul 2013 03:45 #37187 by f1oat
The issue can be seen with stock "sim/remap/manual-toolchange-with-tool-length-switch" config.
LinuxCNC status shows that "file" variable is not updated properly after tool change.
Last edit: 29 Jul 2013 03:45 by f1oat.

More
29 Jul 2013 03:57 #37188 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic gscreen + remap M6 issue
Which is not surprising as usually the program doesn't change during a tool change.
Michael is the one to best answer this (he did the remap work)
You might try sending this to the dev maillist

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds