cant get pncconf to run

More
31 Oct 2014 00:16 #52595 by johnjsb
first off i did a fresh install of 2.6 could not get any of my old configs to work with 5i25 7i76 7i77. upgraded all that was in update manager,nowpncconf not working. go to terminal try to run and get the following
john@minimill:~$ pncconf
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/pncconf", line 53, in <module>
from pncconf import pages
ImportError: No module named pncconf

i assume its python problem but how do i fix it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2014 02:55 #52600 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic cant get pncconf to run
There's a known problem in the pncconf package. I think this will be fixed in the next day or so

Building linuxcnc from source works, its just a packaging issue

What errors do you get when you try to run your configs?
There have been only a few changes that should cause issues with older configs

Its probably easier to work around these issues by updating your hal/ini files
than to start with a new pncconf generated configuration

More
31 Oct 2014 20:35 #52620 by johnjsb
Replied by johnjsb on topic cant get pncconf to run
I'm not at my computer, but i think it usually says something about not finding a pin. I do have it all wired up correctly because it ran for 2 years. I've been trying to get it all running for over a week. Its really a saga for a different thread but the nvidia quadro card is giving me fits with corrupted displays, which caused me to format and start again 3 times. This last time i think i jacked it up with the latestest upgrade which started this thread. I just went ahead and reinstalled everything. Now the following is going to make me sound crazy but there is something strange going on. First i went to gnipsel's page and downloaded his 7i76 ini and hal. All worked so i tried loading my old configs, there are about 20 versions where i slowly added to them. None of them worked pin missing etc.. Ok i started creating a new file just setting the steppers only, it worked fine. Copied files to backup, then added mpg. All worked then changed something in pncconf about the mpg, can't remember. linuxcnc said can't find something_mux.ko. Reverted to first created file SAME error, what the hell i'm loosing my mind. Ok maybe update is not to blame. created a new file version3 in pncconf, it worked. In for a penny in for a pound i updated rebooted, just the new stepper config worked (version3). the mpg config (version2 and version1)same error as before update. thats all i've done so far maybe monday i'll break something else. in the mean time how in the hell does linuxcnc know about the first working file version1 and act like it is the same as the broken version2. Are there hidden files somewhere?

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds