Zen Toolworks with LinuxCNC

More
21 Sep 2014 08:15 #51391 by RalphHinkley
Hello!

I recently purchased a Zentoolworks 12x12 DIY kit along with a pre-assembled Mach3 breakout board and drivers. It's taken a lot of work, but I finally got LinuxCNC to talk to my machine, so here is a guide to the settings I used and how I derived them. Hopefully if anyone else tries using Linux CNC with the Zentoolworks controller, this will help the process go smoothly.

www.dropbox.com/s/sgqtnztsp8c8en9/ZEN%20...nstructions.pdf?dl=0

Here's my disclaimer. I'm completely new to all of this stuff. As I learn more, I will try to correct errors and omitions in the guide. And while I know it's a little ridiculous for someone with next to no experience to immediately start posting information, The stuff I put in here is information that seemed like a lot of work to either find or figure out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2014 15:52 #51394 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic Zen Toolworks with LinuxCNC
Thanks for sharing!

Rick G

More
28 Sep 2014 00:34 - 28 Sep 2014 21:32 #51615 by RalphHinkley
UPDATE:

A good friend of mine, who has his own desktop mill came over, and we tinkered with the machine for quite a while. We came up with better settings for the pins and the stepper motors. The new configuration eliminates the need to calibrate in LinuxCNC! Here's a link to the updated instructions:

www.dropbox.com/s/sgqtnztsp8c8en9/ZEN%20...nstructions.pdf?dl=0

Hope this helps some people!
Last edit: 28 Sep 2014 21:32 by RalphHinkley. Reason: Link wend to my entire share folder, not the specific file.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds