How to stop spindle 3 mm before end of the line ?

More
05 Aug 2014 18:46 #49518 by Woj123
Hello everybody,
I am a new user of linuxcnc. I am using ploter cnc that has special pump insted of spindle and I need to stop that pump before ploter will go to the end of the every single line. Let's assume : ploter will go according to the lines, at the beginning of every single line pump would be switched on , if distance to go is 3 mm pump would be switched off and ploter will go to the end of the line. Process will be repeated for every single line

Thank you for help
wojtek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2014 18:53 #49520 by BigJohnT
Are you wanting some magic way to turn it off 3mm from the end of each move? Or are you wanting to do this in G code?

JT

More
05 Aug 2014 19:02 #49522 by Woj123
Hi,
Two methods are accepted. I do not only want to divide the line into two

thank you
wojtek

More
05 Aug 2014 19:10 #49523 by BigJohnT
I don't understand what you just said, I suspect English is not your native language.

Can you try and expand a bit on what you said?

JT

More
05 Aug 2014 19:25 #49525 by Woj123
I think we can do that in G code way but every single line must be devided into 2 lines ( one of the line would be 3 mm ) - but I wouldn't like to do that

More
05 Aug 2014 19:40 #49526 by BigJohnT
I just looked at the 2.6 documents and you can get the current axis position but I don't see a way to get the commanded end point for an axis. There may be another way to stop the spindle than dividing the line but I don't know how.

JT

More
05 Aug 2014 22:15 #49529 by Todd Zuercher
Could you monitor the pin "motion.current-vel" and have your pump shut off when the velocity falls below a certain speed? (assuming it takes 3mm or more to decelerate from your moving velocity to stopped).

More
05 Aug 2014 22:59 #49530 by alan_3301
I'm not sure what kind of pump you are using, but can it be driven with a stepper motor?
Then use whatever cam software guys for 3d printing use, It will run the pump backwards a few steps before moving to a new line.

More
06 Aug 2014 19:22 #49565 by emcPT
Maybe you can use the DISTANCE TO GO value.
Not sure that a pin existis for this propose but it would be a solution.

More
06 Aug 2014 19:43 #49566 by Todd Zuercher
There is a pin for distance to go (see motion.9) but it is the distance to go for the current line of code. If your line your marking is a series of connected lines, it would shut off at the end of each segment. If that is what you want then there you go.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds