5 axis desktop machine Kickstarter project

More
21 Sep 2014 05:26 - 21 Sep 2014 05:31 #51387 by 5AXISMAKER
Hi everyone,

We have been working on a 5 axis desktop machine with a large working volume and capability to use different tool heads: from milling spindle to 3d printing head to touch probe.

We are launching a Kickstarter campaign on September 22nd to fund the last stage of development.
If you are interested in this project please take a look at our video

and website 5axismaker.com.

We are developing a CAM script in Grasshopper that works on Rhino. The script is free and open source you can download current version from 5axismaker.com/software ( you need both Rhino3d and Grasshopper to run it ).

We would appreciate any comments or questions from the community.
Last edit: 21 Sep 2014 05:31 by 5AXISMAKER.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2014 17:47 #51405 by pippin88
Interesting, but I'm very worried that the wiring to the spindle will get caught on the workpiece - it nearly does in your video.

More
21 Sep 2014 18:15 #51406 by 5AXISMAKER
Pippin88, thank you for your comment.
The funding we are seeking is to finish development of various tool heads including the milling head in the video. We will solve this issue before the machine is put in to production. The intricacy of this particular issue is that wiring needs to be free enough to allow for the full range of motion but be restrained enough not to get caught on something, however with further development it can be solved.

More
23 Sep 2014 07:39 #51466 by Alloy Craft
looks awesome, I want one. Of course I would have to build it myself, lol. Is this running on linux?

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds