Re:Hardinge CHNC 1 Lathe

More
12 Mar 2010 17:51 #2290 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:Hardinge CHNC 1 Lathe
Well I made some good progress this morning and have the tool turret up and going.

I've attached my ladder file for those interested in how I did the ladder logic.

John

File Attachment:

File Name: hardinge.gz
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2010 10:33 #2320 by BigJohnT
SWEET! I actually made some chips on the Hardinge last night. It's not ready to run completely but close.

More
10 Apr 2010 13:27 - 10 Apr 2010 13:30 #2564 by BigJohnT
I've made a lot of progress on the CHNC and have made a few parts and some not so good parts as a learning experience. While scrounging through a machine graveyard I found a control panel with a bunch of AB selector switches in it. To my suprise there were three 4-position selectors. I installed them near the MPG and used the original legend plates even though I don't have a Y axis... this setup works so much better for quickly moving the turret to a touch off position. The only thing that does not work in this photo is the Feed Override Knob as it is a binary type and I can't figure out how to use that with EMC2. It sure would be nice to have it working...

John
Last edit: 10 Apr 2010 13:30 by BigJohnT.

More
11 Apr 2010 07:34 #2570 by bigalex
Replied by bigalex on topic Re:Hardinge CHNC 1 Lathe
Hello John, what do yuo mean when you say this
"The only thing that does not work in this photo is the Feed Override Knob as it is a binary type and I can't figure out how to use that with EMC2".
Is the Feed Override Knob digitally coded in BCD or GRAY ?
If is coded as I say maybe you can decode it with ClassicLadder and manipulate the value for the use into an hal file,

bigalex :blink:

More
11 Apr 2010 10:51 - 11 Apr 2010 10:52 #2572 by BigJohnT
Hi BigAlex,

Well I don't have a problem getting numbers from the feed override knob with wsum. The problem is that halui feed override only takes up and down inputs and not numbers. I tried yesterday to use some classicladder magic and use it to press the up and down button in halui but it only worked from 1 to .9 and .9 to 1. In halui 1 == 100%. Seems like the classicladder compare is broken with floats... So I'm in the process of converting the halui feed to whole numbers and try again.

John
Last edit: 11 Apr 2010 10:52 by BigJohnT.

More
12 Apr 2010 06:43 #2583 by bigalex
Hi John,
please can you explain me in detail what kind of digital knob are you using and what do you write inside ClassicLadder and hal file ?
What kind of halui components are you using ?
Another question what do you mean for "ClassicLadder magic" ?

More
12 Apr 2010 11:28 #2586 by BigJohnT
The feed override knob on my hardinge has 4 rows of contacts with 13 positions and depending on how you wire it is how the output of each position is. I have it wired to give me BCD output from 0 to 12. So in the 10% position line one is on, in the 20% position line two is on, in the 30% position line one and two is on to give me three and so on up to 12.

As soon as I get it to completely work I'll post it here. By classicladder magic I mean when I compare the actual value to the desired value classicladder presses the up or down button in halui till the values are the same.

The halui bits I use are feedoverride increase, decrease and value (from memory).

John

More
12 Apr 2010 12:42 - 14 Apr 2010 06:52 #2592 by bigalex
Hi John
why don't you take the position of your feed ovverride knob p.e. 4 (coded from BCD = 40% of the max speed) and multiply it for 100 so you will have 400 and put this value into a register S32 and pass it to EMC2 input.
After that into the HAL file you take the input register value from ClassicLadder , convert it to float (real) and multiply it by 0.001.
In this case you will have for the position 12 (max feed override) a value in ClassicLadder format s32=1200 (12*100), so the Hal file will compute the value as 1200 (ClassicLadder s32) --> 1200.0 (float using conv_s32_float) --> 1200.0*0.001 (using mult2) --> 1.2 to use to the HALUI component.
I hope this can help you.

Last edit: 14 Apr 2010 06:52 by bigalex.

More
12 Apr 2010 12:54 #2593 by BigJohnT
That's kinda what I'm doing except I'm using 0-12 from the knob wsum converted to s32 and then converting the halui.feedoverride-value to 0-12 s32 for the compare. This way I'm comparing whole numbers.

John

More
13 Apr 2010 16:59 #2605 by BigJohnT
SWEET! My feed override knob works. What I did was use classicladder to press the up and down buttons in halui based on a couple of compares. A little mult2 and conv-fload-s32 to get the numbers to agree and it was off and running. I'll clean up the code an post it tonight.

John

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds