Emco Compact 5 PC auto tool changer

More
09 Feb 2016 17:50 #69870 by krlynn

Krlynn did you ever get your tool changer to function?
Do you know what the approximate center height is?
Would you be willing to sell it in its current configuration?

I did not get it to function, but that's due to the fact I never really undertook the effort. Manual tool changes better suit my use.

Emco Compact 5 center height is 65 mm, I think. But I'm not sure that answers the question you have in mind with reference to the turret.

I probably should sell it, but don't intend to. As soon as I did, I'm afraid I'd regret it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2016 18:02 #69872 by Iron-Man

Krlynn did you ever get your tool changer to function?
Do you know what the approximate center height is?
Would you be willing to sell it in its current configuration?

I did not get it to function, but that's due to the fact I never really undertook the effort. Manual tool changes better suit my use.

Emco Compact 5 center height is 65 mm, I think. But I'm not sure that answers the question you have in mind with reference to the turret.

I probably should sell it, but don't intend to. As soon as I did, I'm afraid I'd regret it.

Krlynn thanks for the quick reply. The 65mm center height would require me to machine a new holder/disk. If you decide to sell it let me know.

Thanks,

Iron-Man

More
09 Feb 2016 18:50 #69877 by cncbasher
these toolchangers are very easy to interface with linuxcnc , just follow the same addons as i did for the denford orac , it uses the exact same toolchanger , they tend to machine a plate for the bottom as a 6mm spacer , to obtain the centre height required
as it's a seperate plate it sometimes becomes lost , but easily replaced .

More
09 Feb 2016 18:53 #69878 by krlynn
Will do, or will post here to let you know if I hear of one that might be available. When they show up on eBay, they seem usually to go for close to $450-500. Mine has 6 positions. There's a closely similar model with 8 positions. I rarely see that one turn up, though.

More
30 Dec 2022 03:19 - 30 Dec 2022 03:31 #260534 by skunkworks
Thought I might put this here.
Last edit: 30 Dec 2022 03:31 by skunkworks.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds