Custom kins component

More
22 Oct 2014 20:23 #52274 by dimech
Replied by dimech on topic Custom kins component
Unfortunately I could not overcome the problem. Same warnings!
Should I have to mention that I am running linuxCNC through Lubuntu 12.04.4 precise

Also I copy the pumakins.ko file from linuxcnc-dev directory to /usr/realtime-3.4-9-rtai-686-pae/modules/linuxcnc and now puma kins works properly

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2014 20:46 #52275 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Custom kins component

Should I have to mention that I am running linuxCNC through Lubuntu 12.04.4 precise

That's fine, so am I.

Also I copy the pumakins.ko file from linuxcnc-dev directory to /usr/realtime-3.4-9-rtai-686-pae/modules/linuxcnc and now puma kins works properly

This sounds like you are not issuing the . ./scripts/rip-environment command (yes, it really is dot space dot slash). This is a per-terminal-window thing, and you will only be able to run your newly-compiled run-in-place LinuxCNC from the command line unless you make a link to the linuxCNC start script in the linuxcnc-dev/scripts folder. (we will come back to this).

The way to compile your kins is _probably_ . ./scripts/rip-enviroment and then sudo halcompile --install {your kins file.c}

Alternatively, you can add your kins file to the makefile, copying the format of the other kinematics files: git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=linuxcnc.git;a...73006f4;hb=HEAD#l941

But halcompile (or comp, depending on your LinuxCNC version) is likely to be easier. (though you will see that the makefile adds references to posemath, which might be important).

If you want to compile your modified LinuxCNC as an installed version, rather than as a run-in-place version (which is admittedly more convenient) then you need to specify a prefix at the ./configure stage.

There is some info here: git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=linuxcnc.git;a...c52995f6f38c;hb=HEAD

Though oddly that doesn't mention compiling a non-rip version. I happen to know that you need to use
./configure --prefix=/usr
But I can't actually find any mention of that in the docs...
The following user(s) said Thank You: dimech

More
22 Oct 2014 21:37 #52276 by dimech
Replied by dimech on topic Custom kins component
Andy you are AMAZING!
I cannot thank you enough!

I did it with the Makefile way and it works.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds