Shuttlexpress: connect jog rate to GUI

More
29 Jul 2014 01:34 #49229 by sliptonic
I'm using a shuttlexpress on my milling machine with gmoccapy. The hal config is almost identical to /configs/common/shuttlexpress.hal and it works.

The only problem I have is with setting the jog rate. button-4 cycles through the jog increments as defined in the .hal file but that has no connection to what is shown in the gui. So if the gui has '1.0mm' selected, moving the inner wheel one increment may or may not move the axis 1 mm.

I'd like to make pushing button 4 cycle through the jog increments in both the gui and what the shuttlexpress will jog when used. If 'continuous' is selected, the inner wheel is disabled. If anything else is selected, the outer spring wheel is disabled.

I'm pretty weak with HAL but willing to try/learn.

How do I get started on this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2014 21:52 #49494 by sliptonic
I'm pretty green with HAL but fumbling my way through...

I think this is relevant: linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum/41-...sed-screen?start=940

I've compiled mariusl's component and modified my hal files but it's failing on this line:
net inc-select		gmoccapy.jog-increment 	comp.0.in0 comp.1.in0 comp.2.in0 comp.3.in0 
It says that the pin gmoccapy.jog-incrment doesn't exist. Since I can see that pin in Halshow, I assume my problem is related to the order that things are loaded.

The HAL section of my .ini looks like this:
[HAL]
HALFILE = core_sim.hal
HALFILE = spindle_sim.hal
#HALFILE = simulated_home.hal

# Single file that is executed after the GUI has started.
POSTGUI_HALFILE = gmoccapy_postgui.hal

HALUI = halui

HALFILE = jog_select.hal
HALFILE = shuttlexpress.hal

More
05 Aug 2014 12:50 #49512 by mariusl
As a rule I always put an HAL connection to GUI pins in the post gui files. If you see the pin in halshow but cannot connect to it, it means that the pin was not instantiated at the time that the connection was attempted. This is the reason for the POSTGUI_HALFILE variable in the INI file. Any connection you want to make to the gui requires that the gui be loaded completely before the connect can be made. So the stuff that you put in the post gui files will only be loaded after the gui is loaded.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds