Unable to Reverse the Spindle

More
09 Mar 2012 20:10 #18484 by thebuc
Hey guys.

The new tap head i just bought needs me to reverse the spindle to come back out of the hole and not destroy the threads in one single code. Up until now, I assumed that when I originally coded the spindle in the HAL that i was able to go in reverse. Unfortunately that is not that case. After looking around for a few hours myself, testing a few things, and consulting the internet I come to you all for help again haha.
My spindle can't be reversed using the M4 command. M3 works just fine to go forward but then just stops when I ask it to go backwards.
I noticed in my hal file that the 'spindle-cw' is netted to the 'parport-16-out' and the 'spindle-ccw' is not attached to any parport pins. Instead 'spindle-ccw' just dead-ends after the or2 function.
So I figured, as a good test, I'd just rename the 'spindle-cw' to 'spindle-ccw' so spindle-ccw was connected to the parport instead. Luckily, and logically, enough that made the spindle go backwards when I used M3, but still nothing with M4 (I figured that would happen).
What i think I need is some logic that creates a new signal to send to parport-16 depending on if i want to use ccw or cw. I just don't know how to do it.
What I have in mind is something like:

If spindle-cw is true then newsignal=spindle-cw
If spindle-ccw is true then newsignal=spindle-ccw

and then

newsignal => parport.0.pin-16-out

Well I think that makes logical sense i just don't have any idea how to use If statements in the Hal file. Any one have any suggestions?
I have my Hal File attached. I have a Tormach pcnc 770 and I think I use EMC 2.2.8.

thanks everyone :)

File Attachment:

File Name: pcnc_1100.hal
File Size:6 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2012 20:47 #18485 by BigJohnT
My first question is what does your spindle drive expect to go fwd and rev?

John

More
09 Mar 2012 21:20 #18490 by thebuc
I'm not sure what you mean. It can go both ways. It probably expects to go clockwise i guess.

If you mean what tool do I need to go fwd and rev for; it is a tormach tension compression taping head
www.tormach.com/store/index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=31806
with a collet too
www.tormach.com/store/index.php?app=ecom...how&ref=TCTH-COLLETS

More
09 Mar 2012 21:22 #18491 by BigJohnT
No, what I mean is does it (the drive) have a CW input and a CCW input and a Speed input or does it use +-10v to determine direction?

John

More
09 Mar 2012 21:22 #18492 by cncbasher
could you use a single pole changeover relay to switch between cw & ccw , if the parallel port pin is high then it will be ccw or low it would be cw
depend if your vfd starts depending on direction pin or only on signal , but a second relay could be incorporated to cure that

More
09 Mar 2012 21:36 #18496 by thebuc
Hmm i don't know much about my drive. I think it only uses one pin for everything spindle related. I'll look around in the information I have and post back here if I find anything.

@cnc basher. What you say sounds good but how can I make a relay? Or how do I write that into the Hal.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds