axis crash during init "Assertion `srb->Map' fail"

More
31 Oct 2014 17:24 #52615 by mario_rl
Hy,

I'm getting that problem with axis... when I try to use tklinuxcnc changing it in [DISPLAY] parameter area, works fine...
I think it would be a video performance issue:
python: swrast/s_renderbuffer.c:588: map_attachment: Assertion `srb->Map' failed.
/usr/bin/linuxcnc: lĂ­nea 766:  4944 Abortado                $EMCDISPLAY -ini "$INIFILE" $EMCDISPLAYARGS $EXTRA_ARGS

What do you recommend, to directly install a video card separated from chipset, or may be managinig with configuration.

Thanks in advance, mario.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2014 00:26 #52628 by ArcEye
Hi

You have not said what distro you are running, but the problem is in libgl1-mesa.

In other words it is the implementation of glx used by Axis that is not compatible with your video chip / card.
This fits with your being able to use the tk gui without problems

You can try using the software acceleration implementation first, that very often cures it
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Troubl...oftware_based_OpenGL

If not you probably need to use a card, but need to know a bit about your system to give any possible candidates

regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: mario_rl

More
03 Nov 2014 19:07 #52715 by mario_rl
Great! that solved not only the axis issue, but also the realtime delay msg I get in every GUI skin. I must apply that update to my son's tablet since he can't play minecraft :laugh:

Time to create page: 0.292 seconds