NEWS
2.6 Live+Install image

Announcing a new Live+Install DVD image for installing LinuxCNC 2.6 on Debian Wheezy. Instructions here.

LinuxCNC 2.6.2 Released

Bug fix see the change log.

LinuxCNC 2.6.1 Released

Bug fix see the change log.

Home Forum Using LinuxCNC AXIS Home all axes not working as expected on my setup

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Home all axes not working as expected on my setup

Re:Home all axes not working as expected on my setup 22 Jun 2011 09:49 #10777

• alanb
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Andy,
Does this also apply to the B axis? I thought that the [AXIS 3] bit of my ini file was related to the B axis through COORDINATES. As this may answer another question I was about to ask. Even though I have changed
MAX_ANGULAR_VELOCITY to 3600.00 and DEFAULT_ANGULAR_VELOCITY to 600.00 in TRAJ and also MAX_VELOCITY and MAX_ACCELERATION in the stanza? for [AXIS_3] these values havent made any difference. My machine still rotates the spindle at about 1 degree per second and I was wondering what to do to rectify this. Is the answer to have entries for all axes 0 though 8 ? If so I may as well use the 9 axis ini file.
Thanks
Alan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Home all axes not working as expected on my setup 22 Jun 2011 10:03 #10779

• andypugh
  • Thank you received: 433
alanb wrote:
Does this also apply to the B axis? I thought that the [AXIS 3] bit of my ini file was related to the B axis through COORDINATES.
No, as far s I know (and it is possible that it has changed) all that COORDINATES does is alter what axes get displayed. It does not do any re-mapping of axis numbers to joints. (edit) It also defines which axis words are valid in the G-code.
MAX_VELOCITY and MAX_ACCELERATION in the stanza? for [AXIS_3] these values havent made any difference. My machine still rotates the spindle at about 1 degree per second and I was wondering what to do to rectify this. Is the answer to have entries for all axes 0 though 8 ?

You can afford to leave the unused axes pretty much blank, but yes, the speed and homing for the B axis will always come from [AXIS_4]
Last Edit: 22 Jun 2011 10:06 by andypugh.

Re:Home all axes not working as expected on my setup 23 Jun 2011 09:14 #10819

• alanb
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks Andy,

I did this and now all is working fine.

Alan
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.630 seconds