× Forum Header

anyone running a probotix rf breakout

More
11 Dec 2011 15:24 #15549 by andypugh
tjfisher wrote:

In the pin settings and it's wired like this www.probotix.com/diagrams/4-Axis_ProboStep_wiring_diagram.pdf

Can you start up Halmeter (in the "Machine" menu of Axis) and see what the limit switch inputs are doing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Dec 2011 22:49 #15567 by tjfisher
ok will do what am i looking for ? last time i opened that it was a long list

More
11 Dec 2011 23:04 #15568 by andypugh
tjfisher wrote:

axis.N.limit-sw-in I think.

More
12 Dec 2011 09:41 #15584 by Rick G

Try...

Machine
Show Hal configuration
pins
Axis

0 (for x axis)
or
1 (for y axis)
or
2 (for z axis) etc.

Select the tab "Watch"

look for
neg-lim-sw-in
pos-lim-sw-in

Now toggle your limit switch by hand and check to make sure that there is a response.

Rick G

More
14 Dec 2011 11:22 #15673 by tjfisher
Ok tried the halmeter in watch but because I can't get the machine to turn on ( in program) it has. Nothing to watch . But I think I might have my problem but I still need some help after reading and reading I think my #'s in the table size limit #'s are messing me up but I can't understand how to make it right with making it wrong !!!!
First my z axis is 5" of travel so I set it as 2.5 to -2.5 , limit on top is at 2.4 but I want my home off the top limit so that needs to be 2.4 right . Now in the doc's it said I can't have the value the same but it's set up as both limits and home .

X axis is 13" total travel so I set it up as 6.5 to-6.5 , limits at .5 off both sides so 6.0 and -6.0 and limit on the -6.0 side again using both limits and home setting ?

Y is 16" so 8.0 to -8.0 with limits .25 in on that so 7.75 to -7.75 with home at the -7.75

What have I done I just want setup and I can't get how I should set the home different with the limit when it's same switch

More
27 Dec 2011 17:07 #16018 by tjfisher
really no one has any input !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok can someone anyone give me just a small hint on how to setup limints and home in the stepconf
maybe a working screenshot ?

im dead in the water no point in moving foward if i can't get repeatablity

i know the wiring is right, i've been a controls electrician for 20 years just slow with software !!!

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds