[solved]halui.program.run slow restart

More
19 Sep 2014 02:46 - 19 Sep 2014 15:45 #51319 by bkt
for me pik&place deltarobot project I thought of two different modes of operation: the easy way is to use a gcode, automatically rewriting it at every new item, and run it using halui.program.run. The hard way is send directly in hal all quotes at axis.n.motor-pos-cmd from a .comp that compute everythings.

So now I work around the use of halui.program.run way .... the work is finish, but I find that there is a long pause between the end of program and the relaunch of the program itself.

Keep in mind that to speed things up I cereate a component that rewrites a part of the gcode for each new position of withdrawal of pik & place and then run the program via a pin connected to halui.program.run out of mypik.hal .

all between the end of a program and its restart pass 0.2-0.4 sec ... a long time for me .... I tried to remove the part of the component that rewrites the gcode for verification . But times remain the same .

you can do something to shorten them ?

the gcode are around 20 rows .

The hard way..... compute and send is not a problem..... but send to axis.n.motor-pos-cmd is the only way?
Last edit: 19 Sep 2014 15:45 by bkt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2014 03:13 #51322 by cncbasher
post your project code as an attachment , and lets see what can be done

More
19 Sep 2014 03:42 #51325 by newbynobi
@k1

What GUI are you using? Axis is checking the code before executing it, may be that is the delay.

Have you tried sending the commands as MDI instead of using a program? Could be done with a piece of python.
Or using linuxcncrsh

Norbert
The following user(s) said Thank You: bkt

More
19 Sep 2014 12:46 #51328 by bkt
Replied by bkt on topic halui.program.run slow restart
yes I use axis GUI.....

Have you tried sending the commands as MDI instead of using
a program? Could be done with a piece of python.
Or using linuxcncrsh

I can send 20 row of gcode in a single axis-remote --mdi command? but I read in somewhere that is no a better choice ... is not a truth? I need have G64 in my gcode ....

and using linuxcncrsh ...... I can make my work simply put in run my program without delay before the start? How can do it?

More
19 Sep 2014 16:04 #51333 by bkt
Replied by bkt on topic halui.program.run slow restart
I'm a fool ..... maybe I should get more sleep at night ... obviusly is possible run 200xxxx row gcode in mdi mode ..... if I call the program like a subroutine in ini file
[HALUI]
MDI_COMMAND = o<myprogram> call [xx] [xx]   /* <------------- halui.mdi-command-00*/
MDI_COMMAND = M147   /* <------------- halui.mdi-command-01*/

it is also possible to say that a file.comp a subroutine in gcode is in operation...

the easy way to do ... example M120 for signal up and M121 for signal down

#!/bin/bash

halcmd setp mycomponent.mysignal1 1
#M120 set up mysignal1

exit 0

#!/bin/bash

halcmd setp mycomponent.mysignal1 0
#M121 set down mysignal1

exit 0

than in mycomponent.comp
pin in bit mysignal1 = 0
;;

if (mysignal1){
/*do something*/
}

In this way is possible to run a soubroutine from mycomponent.comp using halui.mdi-command-xx in hal file connecting it to signal out from mycomponent and in the same time control if the soubroutine is in run.

THE FIRST QUESTION OF POST: using this solution I cancel the delay.
I wrote this as a punishment for having opened a post without really need. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

@newbynobi and @cncbasher thanks for the time spent

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds