Spindle Tool

More
29 Dec 2012 06:19 #28137 by tld70
Spindle Tool was created by tld70
Hi Guys,
here is my first post in this forum.
Please excuse my bad english.
I have a question, Is there any possibility to change the Spindle tool in HAL or COMP without M61 in G-Code
This is a proble, because th machine has a basket toolchanger, and I can the change the tools without M6 ( Hand function ).
Then it is a diferent tool in Spindle but the AXIS dont know this.
The second problem is when I start the Axit, the COMP knows which tool is in spindle, but AXIS dont know this.
How can I fix this.

Can somebody help me ?

Thanks

Thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Dec 2012 18:47 - 29 Dec 2012 18:49 #28146 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Spindle Tool

I have a question, Is there any possibility to change the Spindle tool in HAL or COMP without M61 in G-Code
This is a proble, because th machine has a basket toolchanger, and I can the change the tools without M6 ( Hand function ).
Then it is a diferent tool in Spindle but the AXIS dont know this.

I assume you mean M6, not M61

It can be done, because I wrote a toolchanger component which detects the current tool and updates linuxcnc, and Axis then updates the tool it displays.
However to get it to work you need to have detectable tool positions and I modified iocontrol.cc to allow triggering of a toolchange cycle without a M6Tn in gcode.

The fact that you sometimes change tools by hand will require some more explanation.
Why don't you use M6Tn and the toolchanger component to do it and then the tool number will be synchronised?

The second problem is when I start the Axit, the COMP knows which tool is in spindle, but AXIS dont know this.
How can I fix this.

I am again not sure why you don't want to use GCode.
The fact that Axis does not store the last used tool number is sometimes inconvenient, but only requires a MDI command at start up, to set it right.

If the tool in the spindle is the same as that requested, the component should do nothing and just return a toolchanged signal and Axis tool number displayed will update to the correct tool.

You will need to elaborate upon exactly how your toolchanger works and post your toolchanger comp if you want specific assistance with this

regards
Last edit: 29 Dec 2012 18:49 by ArcEye.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tld70

More
29 Dec 2012 19:11 #28148 by tld70
Replied by tld70 on topic Spindle Tool
I mean M61, I can change the Tool in Spoindle with M61 Q ( toolnumber )
The Txx M6 works perfect,
But when I chang the Tool by Hand, it is possible that it is a different Tool in Spindle that the AXIS means.
It is a Basket Toolchander with 12 Tools, each tool have a Switch up and down.
The problem is when Axis means 7 is in Spindle and I change the Tool by Manual function and it is 9 in Spindle,
I do T7 M6 and the G Code programm continues without Toolchange( gives no signal to the COMP )........
My COMP knows which tool is in Spindle but AXIS not.
Attached you see the tool.comp and the toolchange.comp
I dont want to use Gcode because of a Operator fault, it should goes automaticly

Thanks

Thomas
Attachments:

More
29 Dec 2012 20:56 #28150 by ArcEye
It will take me a while to translate all the pin names and comments to English, so hopefully I can see how the components work.

In the interim.

The problem is when Axis means 7 is in Spindle and I change the Tool by Manual function and it is 9 in Spindle,
I do T7 M6 and the G Code program continues without Toolchange( gives no signal to the COMP )...

Why do a T7 M6 when you want to change the tool number to 9?

If you did a T9 M6, what should happen is that your toolchanger component would be passed a toolchange signal, with toolnumber set to 9.
However it would ignore it and just post a toolchanged signal, because it knows that tool 9 is already in the spindle.
Then Linuxcnc would update the current tool to 9 and Axis would reflect this.

Does this not work?

More
29 Dec 2012 21:28 #28151 by tld70
Thanks for your help.

The Problem is, when I change the Tool by Manual Function in case a broken Tool or just to check someting,
then is a different tool in Spindle, Axis doesnt know this, and if I start the G-function Programm with the tool in Spindle,
that Axis means it is in Spindle, then Axis give no Toolchange to my comp.
When G-Code change to the Tool what is in the Spindle ( T9 ), my comp becomes the Toolchange and compare it and do no Toolchange, than Axis know that T9 is in Spindle,that is OK
But When The GCode does T7 than Axis doesnt give a Signal to my COMP and the GCode Programm continues without Toolchange and T9 is in Spindle.

If you did a T9 M6, what should happen is that your toolchanger component would be passed a toolchange signal, with toolnumber set to 9.
However it would ignore it and just post a toolchanged signal, because it knows that tool 9 is already in the spindle.
Then Linuxcnc would update the current tool to 9 and Axis would reflect this.

This works because the COMP compares the TOOL

Thanks
Thomas

More
29 Dec 2012 22:19 #28152 by ArcEye
OK, I think I have got it now.

Your toolchange component does work as I said and if you just entered TnM6 (where n is the tool manually moved to) there would be no problem and the tool number would be updated.

However you want it done automatically because you cannot rely upon the operator to do this properly

I will have a look at what I did to iocontrol.cc and see if I can suggest something

More
29 Dec 2012 23:18 - 30 Dec 2012 00:38 #28153 by ArcEye
Hi again

I looked at what I did, which was not quite the same as you want, but similar.
Whether it is of use, depends upon how comfortable you are with C and modifying your component and ioControl.cc

The component needs to export a pin which contains the TRUE value of the current tool in the spindle

Then you can create a new pin in the ioControl.cc code to receive this value.

The main() function of ioControl.cc (from line 765 in 2.5.1) is in an endless loop waiting for signals and processing them.
I inserted code (at about line 803) which checked the value being passed from the toolchange component against the value held in emcioStatus.tool.toolInSpindle
At start up and whenever an unsignalled toolchange occurs, these will not match.

That prompted the setting of
emcioCommand->type to EMC_TOOL_PREPARE_TYPE with
emcioCommand->tool being set to the value received from the toolchange component and
emcioStatus.status = RCS_DONE

From there the usual mechanism within ioControl.cc would initiate a toolchange to the number passed to it.
Because that tool was already loaded, nothing would physically happen and the current tool number would be updated correctly.

regards
Last edit: 30 Dec 2012 00:38 by ArcEye.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tld70

More
30 Dec 2012 00:10 #28156 by tld70
Thanks for your help,
dut I think I m not able to do this.
I can reprogramm my toolchange.comp, no Problem
But something in the ioControl.cc I cant do.
Do you have any conections to implent such a Pin in a future Version? ( May be 2.5.2)
Or may be that AXIS always start a toolchange, it doesnt matter wich tool is in Spindle..
Then I have to live for this until a newer Version comes out.

Best regards

Thomas

More
30 Dec 2012 00:32 #28157 by ArcEye
Hi

There would be no plans to implement something like that in ioControl. Without knowing in advance the logic of the toolchanger, it could precipitate un-commanded machine movement, a big no no.
Anyway I believe that 2.6 already has a different ioControl module.

Leave it with me for a bit and I will see if I can come up with a solution that I can test from a sim.

regards

More
30 Dec 2012 02:24 #28163 by tld70
Hi,

hope you find a way to realize this.
May you find something to clear the Spindle tool by COMP and I can handle the tools
by a COMP ( for my next Project with a chain toolchanger )
The Siemens controllers I know allways give the Tool and the toolchangesignal to the SPS ( S5 vor S7 )

But let you time, this year I will do nothing on the machine. I will start in beginning January.

Best regards

Thomas

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds