Looking for developer for small custom application

More
27 Aug 2014 10:15 #50337 by gcbotmods
I am a custom CNC machine builder that is looking for a LinuxCNC developer to generate a custom 2 axis wood lathe application with custom screenset for turning typical turned wood products. Baseball bats, ballusters and the like. I am familiar with multiple other CNC operating systems and know what I need. I have no knowledge of Linux or LinuxCNC.

If you wish to explore my specs and your compensation further off forum, please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Please put "LinuxCNC" in the subject line.

If this post is deemed unsuitable by Admin, please remove.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2014 18:40 #50339 by BigJohnT
It will be better if you learned something about LinuxCNC in order to maintain your products.

What special screens do you need to make?

JT

More
28 Aug 2014 08:11 #50373 by gcbotmods
JT...
I agree completely. I already have the product running on 3 other control software's, but had a request from a prospective purchaser for LinuxCNC. I am not looking to avoid the inevitable, just possibly shortcut the time to get there.

As far as the screen goes, I am not sure it is mandatory, but just the fact I only need 2 axes and a few buttons made me think in the custom direction. That, plus the fact I have seen some of the work done and posted here that I consider fantastic. Sorry for the newbie lack of knowledge. Not new to CNC, just LinuxCNC. Thanks for your time.

More
28 Aug 2014 18:17 #50389 by BigJohnT
Without knowing the details it sounds like you need Axis with either a PyVCP or Glade addition. BTW, I will do programming for hire.

JT

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds