MPG using GUI axis selection- spindle hi/lo range

More
15 Aug 2014 01:11 #49871 by gmills46
Hi
I am new to the Linuxcnc forum. My business is CNC parts and service in the San Diego area and I sell CNC parts on an Ebay store.
I am not a software engineer, so writing code for hal files is something new for me.
I have a few questions about a retrofit for my personal use that I am doing on a Deckel Maho DMU35M 5 axis machining center using Mesa hardware.
I am trying to use the Axis gui for MPG resolution ( .010 .001 .0001 ) and axis selection instead of external switches. The hal file loads with no errors. but the MPG does not function. I would also like to have the software implement spindle low range relay output and adjust the 0-10 vgc scaling for 0-600 rpm low range 0-6000 rpm high range.
I have attached a copy of my current hal file.
I am just learning Linuxcnc, but I should be able to help others in the future with hardware and motion control related questions and I have a large inventory of parts for CNC machinery ( motors, drives, ball screws ) available for sale.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Aug 2014 01:51 - 15 Aug 2014 02:10 #49873 by cncbasher
the easy answer gary is send me the hall and ini files
i'll send you a pm

also see the foum posts here , if you have not already
www.linuxcnc.org/emc2/index.php/english/...nfiguring-gearchange
Last edit: 15 Aug 2014 02:10 by cncbasher.

More
15 Aug 2014 02:38 #49874 by gmills46
Hi
Thank you for your quick response.
I had attached my hal file to my question, but I can attach them again?
Thank you
Gary
Attachments:

More
21 Aug 2014 07:37 #50124 by gmills46
Hi
I still need help with using the Axis GUI to select the axis and resolution for my jog handwheel and and output for low gear relay based on spindle speed "S" command?
I have posted my hal file and ahve tried a few postgui hals for both without success. If anyone has any experience with either, some help would be greatly appreciated.
This machine will be a great example of what can be accomplished using Linuxcnc as a control retrofit. It is a very accurate 5 axis machine with high resolution glass scales and integrated 4th and 5th axis. I have attached a few photos and will post a few youtube videos of the machine in action doing some simultaneous 5 axis machining when when the retrofit is completed.
Thank you
Gary
Mills Enterprises CNC

More
21 Aug 2014 11:18 - 21 Aug 2014 11:48 #50128 by cncbasher
ok Gary dont know what happened but missed your posting ,
iv'e got your files

can you mail me ( see my profile for info ), and we can step through , whats needed etc
Last edit: 21 Aug 2014 11:48 by cncbasher.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds