Are you running a Touch Screen Monitor? Questions

More
27 Aug 2014 04:20 - 27 Aug 2014 05:05 #50331 by Zahnrad Kopf

What about typing 'sudo apt-get install inputattach'? That should work...

zk@emco220:~$ sudo apt-get install inputattach
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package inputattach
zk@emco220:~$

How now Brown cow?

Thanks.

EDIT -

Belay that last....! I tried looking it up in the graphical synaptics package manager and it still did not show up. But when I did a search for "touch" it showed up... so I selected a number of packages along with it, and installed them. Suddenly, the touch screen is working... A bit wonky at the moment. I know I need to calibrate it and then somehow get it permanently into a config. Will be working on it now.

Thank you boys.
Last edit: 27 Aug 2014 05:05 by Zahnrad Kopf.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2014 08:01 #50335 by Zahnrad Kopf
Really having a difficult time with this. I keep trying to grab packages that tutorials ( and people here ) say I need or should get, and apt-get keeps telling me that it is unable to locate it. If i download a package ( *.deb ) via http and try to install it with Synaptics Package Manager nothing happens. I'm really considering whacking this thing and going back to the Ubuntu disc...

Talk me out of it...

More
27 Aug 2014 21:27 #50343 by DaBit
I cannot help you there since I never tried Debian. Maybe create a posting in the 'Installing LinuxCNC' subforum?

Since you are running older hardware that does not need a very recent kernel you might be just as happy with Ubuntu 10.04 and not miss anything.

More
27 Aug 2014 22:51 #50348 by Zahnrad Kopf

I cannot help you there since I never tried Debian. Maybe create a posting in the 'Installing LinuxCNC' subforum?
Since you are running older hardware that does not need a very recent kernel you might be just as happy with Ubuntu 10.04 and not miss anything.

That's a really good idea that I should have thought of myself. Thanks. I'm starting to wonder if there's some issue with this version of the CD/DVD. Now that I'm thinking of it and had some sleep, it just doesn't make much sense for it to not be finding packages and such. Thinking back on it, if it had found the packages and let me install them it would have gone a lot more smoothly... I'll post over there in a little bit.

More
28 Aug 2014 07:33 #50372 by Zahnrad Kopf
Update to link to my post in the "Installing LinuxCNC" section.

The sound you hear is my head bouncing off the wall...

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds