MPG to behave as a real handwheel

More
18 Jul 2014 03:36 #48904 by jeeybee
I have tried several times to use the search function but it generates only a blank page for some reason so please point me in the right direction if there is a similar thread.

I wonder if LinuxCNC is able to make an MGP or encoder fed handwheel behave as it would on a manual lathe or mill?
For example in Mach3 it only takes 0.01mm or so for each pulse which gives a choppy motion, or it can operate in velocity mode but then it just moves faster the faste you turn the wheel but not relative to the actual movement of the wheel.
I think there would be a lot of people interrested in having there lathe cnc customized but also still be able to jog it as it was still manual.
What do you think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2014 11:56 #48913 by cmorley
You can set the increments to whatever you like in linuxcnc. Also often a filter component is added to smooth the pulses.

More
18 Jul 2014 21:19 #48925 by andypugh

I have tried several times to use the search function but it generates only a blank page for some reason

Try scrolling down a long way, you might find results. (No, it's not very obvious). so please point me in the right direction if there is a similar thread.

For example in Mach3 it only takes 0.01mm or so for each pulse which gives a choppy motion

www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man9/ilowpass.9.html

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds