Cannon use Axis screens greyed out

More
29 Oct 2014 01:55 #52508 by sgsracing
I am building a 4 axis router..... 3 of them actually. I am using a Bob Campbell designs breakout board, and am running Linuxcnc. I this will be my first Linuxcnc build, but not my first CNC build. I am an intermediate Linux user.

I have set up my config using Stepconf. I want to start calibrating my break out board to run a 0-10VDC output for a VFD my board uses PWM to convert to an analog signal. To do this I need to run MDI and fire up my spindle. I cannot click on any of the graphics. They are all greyed out.

Im new to this and am obviously missing something simple, I cant find a post on this which makes me think its crazy simple. Any help would be great!

I also have received RTAPI errors and am working to correct that, but I read that you can still work the software with this error. Or am I dead wrong?

Thank you!

Noah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2014 02:48 #52511 by sgsracing
I found my issue....

My board has a jumper installed instead of a proper ESTOP button, when I remove the jumper everything worked fine. Which made me wonder because thats the opposite of how it should work...... Then I remembered that I can invert my input pins in my config using stepconf.

Simple fix! Thanks!

Noah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds