Configuration Error - Waiting for S.Axes

More
15 Apr 2014 20:16 #45976 by ArcEye

I would boot it up and get to the AXIS interface window where I would manually step a couple of motors just to test. Then I would shut it down and later when I boot it up I get that error where I can't load the AXIS interface anymore.

Quite often when this happens, one or more of the modules has not unloaded properly and when you try to re-start, insmod errors because the module is already loaded and the whole pack of cards comes down.

Sometimes running halrun -U will manage to unload the offending module, but normally requires a reboot.

I would suggest that you get on the MachineKit group groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/machinekit
and put the query there.
That image may well be completely out of date, Charles is active there and I think has recently released another image.

regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2014 04:43 #46272 by Fweek
So I've tried running halrun -U but I didn't work even after reboot.

The image I'm using now is a custom machinekit image I got from the manufacturer (Probotix) so the latest one on the machinekit group won't work.

More
24 Apr 2014 13:21 #46278 by ArcEye

The image I'm using now is a custom machinekit image I got from the manufacturer (Probotix) so the latest one on the machinekit group won't work.

That tends to point back to Probotix then.

The 'waiting for s axes' error is pretty generic now whenever a component is not becoming ready or something is not loading.

In your place I would try commenting out all references to various components, until you can start, albeit not run and work back from there.

Just make sure that you can run a sim of axis say first, to ensure that something else is not completely screwed.

regards

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds