Looking for someone to proof read a page

More
24 Sep 2014 01:25 #51500 by JoeHildreth
Hello all,

I have been documenting my KRMx01 CNC build on my website. I am using LinuxCNC to control the machine and have been working on a page that perhaps will help someone with no experience with LinuxCNC. If someone had 10 or 15 minutes to spare, I would like someone to take a look to make sure that I don't have any glaring errors. I sure would appreciate it.

The link is at Chapter 12 - LinuxCNC

Many thanks,

Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2014 01:47 #51501 by cncbasher
Excellent work Joe ,

cant find any glaring errors up to now , although i would probably suggest that peole go for the wheesy and updated 2.6.3
versions as a matter of course , due mostly to 10.04 and earlier really now being retired , so probably wont be around much longer

so no real point in someone installing an old version just to update later

Dave
The following user(s) said Thank You: JoeHildreth

More
24 Sep 2014 01:58 #51502 by JoeHildreth
Dave,

Do you think I should drive that point home in the paragraph about which one to select, or perhaps remove the reference to Ubuntu 10?

Joe

More
24 Sep 2014 02:02 #51503 by cncbasher
perhaps remove reference to 10 may be a better idea

More
24 Sep 2014 02:10 #51504 by JoeHildreth
Dave,

I removed the option more or less. I did mention that it was available but recommended to stay away from it because support has ended and will eventually be removed from the LinuxCNC Website.

I may have spoke out of turn there, because I don't know that it would be removed, but perhaps placed in an archive area so a new person doesn't think they should get the install.

Another thing, I would like to see LibreCAD added to the standard Wheezy distrobution. Who do I talk to about that? DO you know?

Joe

More
24 Sep 2014 04:33 #51508 by cncbasher
Joe
i'd change and remove any indication of the older version and just have the new iso , saves a lot of complications i think

More
25 Sep 2014 02:37 #51547 by JoeHildreth
Dave,

I removed the refernces to Ubuntu 10.04. I also completed the stepconf video and will do one last short video showing the motors jogged under LinuxCNC control before moving on. I will be doing estop, home and limit switches, PID controller for router, etc in the upgrade section.

Thanks for looking at it for me.

Joe

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds