10.04 image and Via Epia M10000 problems

More
29 Jun 2014 21:27 #48322 by smartroad
Hi All,

I have installed the 10.04 image onto my Epia M10000 board. I am having a few issues with it. I can't get the latency test to load. Click on the icon and nothing happens, no message in the DMESG about it either. Also I am stuck at 800x600 and linux won't allow me to change with 'unknown monitor' and I am also getting graphical glitches.

Is anyone else using this board? It may well be that the board is faulty but wanted to see if anyone else is running on it.

Thanks for any pointers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2014 22:33 #48324 by ArcEye
Hi

There appear to be 2 issues which should not be interlinked (hopefully)

Search 'Via Epia M10000 Ubuntu 10.04' and you will come up with shed loads of posts on Ubuntu forums re graphics problems, hopefully one will assist you.

Regards Linuxcnc, open a terminal and run latency-test ( or indeed linuxcnc) from there.
Now you will hopefully have a meaningful error message which will give some idea what is happening

regards

More
27 Oct 2014 21:56 #52436 by MrkiMedo
Try to start linuxcnc, it might throw error dialog, with message like "local apic configured but.." near the bottom.

I am getting that error with Via C7 based motherboard. (and latency test silently ignores me, like you are experiencing)

More
27 Oct 2014 22:19 #52438 by ArcEye
Hi

...........latency test silently ignores me, like you are experiencing..........

The latency test does not ignore you, it is just there is nowhere to display the errors
As per my last post, run linuxcnc from a terminal ( and latency-test) and you will get error messages that will tell you what is wrong

Try to start linuxcnc, it might throw error dialog, with message like "local apic configured but.." near the bottom.

wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Troubl..._t_run_missing_lapic

regards

Time to create page: 0.361 seconds