Installation problems

More
19 Jun 2014 01:09 - 19 Jun 2014 02:17 #48079 by CaspianCmonster
Hi, I feel like I should be able to find the answer without asking but I have not managed to so I am posting here.

The short version is that I have a new iso install that will not launch LinucCNC in simulation mode (my electronics are on there way but are not here yet)

the specs
ubuntu-10.04-linuxcnc3-i386.iso
the computer is an old used htpc I picked up. I am not sure my Mesa card is going to fit or not but anyway for now this is what I am trying.
global.aopen.com/products_detail.aspx?auno=2170

I am using the on board graphics but because I have read that that is some times a problem and that I will end up using the computer as a htpc if I can't get it to work for this I ordered a new graphics card to try out.

The image works in a virtual machine on my portable computer so I think that is fine. I have tried it before and after updates (but not upgrades since that will kill it)

the error file that gets shown when Linuxcnc fails is attached

thanks
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Jun 2014 02:17 by CaspianCmonster. Reason: fixing attachment

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2014 01:49 #48081 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Installation problems
Nothing attached, change the extension to .txt and try again

regards

More
19 Jun 2014 03:08 #48086 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Installation problems

83.837165] RTAI[hal]: ERROR, LOCAL APIC CONFIGURED BUT NOT AVAILABLE/ENABLED.

APIC is not configured or available

See this for info, if you cannot fix because the PC is too old, you can always install the 8.04 Live CD which does not require it

wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Troubl..._t_run_missing_lapic

regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: CaspianCmonster

More
19 Jun 2014 07:26 #48098 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Installation problems

I am using the on board graphics but because I have read that that is some times a problem and that I will end up using the computer as a htpc if I can't get it to work for this I ordered a new graphics card to try out.

Every LinuxCNC machine I have used has used onboard graphics. That's only 4 or 5 machines, actually, but I think the problem is over-stated.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds