Pure Simulator on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS = True

More
07 May 2014 05:59 #46667 by pi.r

You might find bwidget was enough to be fatal unless you can get around it with the earlier lib, and I seem to remember libtk-img is required as well

Of course... I didn't think of the dependencies for LinuxCNC... :blush:

But when I looked further into the dependencies for bwidget in Synaptic, it only have one dependency to "tk (>=8.5.0-1) | wish".
I assume "| wish" to be the same as "OR wish" - right? (And Ubuntu don't have any packet "wish"). So bwidget shouldn't be affected by downgrading tk from 8.6 to 8.5. - Strange..?

Now I couldn't resist some testing. I removed tcl/tk 8.6 and depending stuff (bwiddget, libtk-img...) and installed tcl/tk 8.5. Then I tried to reinstall bwidget, but Synaptic refused and claimed it "broken". Now I wanted to see the result of a dependency check for LinuxCNC (master, v2.7) in this stage, and I got:

dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet dependencies: tcl8.6-dev tk8.6-dev bwidget libgnomeprintui2.2-dev

bwidget was of course expected, and libgnomeprintui2.2-dev that don't exist in Ubuntu any more, but don't seem to be a problem (I mentioned that in my first post).
libtk-img is absent and don't seem to be needed any more?
More interesting is that there are dependencies to the 8.6 versions of tcl-dev and tk-dev when I have the 8.5 versions installed. - Strange..?

Switching branch to "2.6" gave the exact same result...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2014 14:00 #47745 by SvenH
Are there any plans for making a version that can be installed as described on the buildbot page?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.763 seconds